Saturday, April 5, 2014

Moving Forward In Faith With Revelation



Doctrine and Covenants 46:61
"If thou shalt ask, thou shalt receive revelation upon revelation, knowledge upon knowledge, that thou mayest know the mysteries and peaceable things—that which bringeth joy, that which bringeth life eternal."
I know that our Father in Heaven hears and answers prayers, and we can receive personal revelation. I once heard, "personal revelation is the way we know for ourselves the most important truths of our existence." Robert D. Hales of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles said, Personal revelation is the way we know for ourselves the most important truths of our existence: the living reality of God, our Eternal Father, and His Son, Jesus Christ; the truthfulness of the restored gospel; and God’s purpose and direction for us...You may ask, “How do we seek personal revelation?” Paul counseled the Saints to rely on the Spirit rather than the wisdom of the world. To obtain that Spirit, we begin with prayer...a vital principle of seeking personal revelation—the principle the Lord taught Oliver Cowdery: “Behold, … you must study it out in your mind...Revelation comes on the Lord’s timetable, which often means we must move forward in faith, even though we haven’t received all the answers we desire." What a blessing it is to be able to receive personal revelation. I know that our Father in Heaven has a plan for every single one of His children. When I was about 14 years old I felt a need to graduate from high school early. I was perplexed about this decision because I didn't know if that was what the Lord wanted me to do, I knew if I did it would be a lot of work, and it seemed so far away. I decided to pray about this decision, and ponder the process of graduating early. After praying and fasting I felt that graduating early was what I needed to do-even though I didn't really know the reason behind it. It was not until years down the road that I have begun to understand why the Lord wanted me to graduate early. It was October 2012 that the Lord revealed to me why I had been prompted to graduate early-The age for missionaries was changed. I felt that I needed that time after my graduation to be prepared to serve a mission. I know that we can receive personal revelation as we pray and ponder the questions of our souls. The Lord does speak.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment