Wednesday, December 11, 2013

HEAVEN ON EARTH

A History of Temples


In both ancient and modern times, the covenant people of the Lord have built temples. These temples are sacred structures dedicated to the Lord where ordinances are performed that are binding on earth and beyond the grave.
“The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints . . . is invested with divine commission to erect and maintain temples dedicated to the name and service of the true and living God.”
—James E. Talmage (1862–1933)
Isaiah 2:2-3
2 And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the Lord’s house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.

3 And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us ago up to the mountain of the Lord, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths..."

Isaiah 2:2-3
 2 And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the Lord’s house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.

 3 And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us ago up to the mountain of the Lord, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths..."

I Love to See the Temple

Lyrics

  1. 1. I love to see the temple.
    I'm going there someday
    To feel the Holy Spirit,
    To listen and to pray.
    For the temple is a house of God,
    A place of love and beauty.
    I'll prepare myself while I am young;
    This is my sacred duty.
  2. 2. I love to see the temple.
    I'll go inside someday.
    I'll cov'nant with my Father;
    I'll promise to obey.
    For the temple is a holy place
    Where we are sealed together.
    As a child of God, I've learned this truth:
    A fam'ly is forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment